List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: navigator lost (settings)
From:       Russell Van Tassell <russell () CSCORP ! COM>
Date:       1998-10-30 20:06:39

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Bill Becker wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 01:05:03 -0500
> From: Bill Becker <bbecker@ICONN.NET>
> To: BUGTRAQ@netspace.org
> Subject: navigator lost (settings)
>
> I "upgraded' navigator from vers 4.05 to vers 4.07 on a Linux 2.0.x
> system.  The exact navigator i downloaded was:
> navigator-v407-us.x86-unknown-linux2.0_libc5.tar.gz
>
> I set the 'advanced' settings, turning off java, javascript,
> stylesheets, autoinstall, and send-email-address-as-passwd.  I also set
> 'do not accept or send cookies'.
>
> Then, while browsing i opened a new browser window by selecting "Navigator
> Window" from the file menu and it looked as if javascript had started
> working in the new window.
>
>   [...]

Did you try hitting the "save options" line before opening the new
window?  Yes, I agree it should probably just be transparent in a single
session, but...

--
Russell M. Van Tassell                          Commercial Systems Corp.
russell@cscorp.com                               http://www.cscorp.com/

                                                     Ph: 1-888/COMM-SYS