List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: Another NT CPU Hog ?
From:       Christian Morley <caution () SHORE ! NET>
Date:       1997-01-28 14:38:35

At 10:01 AM 1/28/97 +0100, Gilles Soulet wrote:
>I can put any NT server I have on its knees by just
>connecting to a shared network drive on the server
>(for example from a PC running Windows 95) and
>transfer a large file file (>100 MBytes) from/to the server.
>
>File transfer begins normally, but after few seconds, the
>poor NT box is completly frozen. File transfer continues
>normally, but eat 100% CPU time (he, sounds familiar, isn't it ?)
>
>Is anybody able reproduce this "bug" ?
>
>   ~Gillus

This is because you have enabled large file caching...the whole reason for
this caching is for the transfer of large files...so that it can be done
extremely fast...this will eat 100% CPU...not a bug a "feature" if any M$
product can be said to have "features"

Christian Morley

--
Christian Morley  | caution@shore.net  | "Luck is my middle name," said