List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: Urgent !! Serious Linux Security Bug....
From:       Kim Alm <kea () penti ! sit ! fi>
Date:       1996-10-23 8:18:25

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, TriumpH wrote:

>         I run kernel 2.1.5 and it seems as if it is fixed, I haven't tried
> it, but I compared the patch to my ip_fragment.c, and it looks the same at
> those line numbers..

I did ping one of my machines after I installed kernel 2.1.5 and it crached,
checked the source and found out that the patch wasn't applied, so I applied
the patch and it's alright now, the kernel source I used is from ftp.funet.fi
and it lived in /pub/Linux/kernel/v2.1/... so I don't know what's going on
but something fishy.

And for those who was asking about routers, my ping packets passed through
our Retix 7000 without any problems.

--
  \      kea@bofh.se http://yi.com/home/AlmKim (And I'am not proud of it)
 O/\__   Unsolisticated e-mail sent to me will be bounced to postmaster