List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: Excellent host SYN-attack fix for BSD hosts
From:       David Schwartz <davids () wiznet ! net>
Date:       1996-10-16 13:27:36

        If I understand T/TCP correctly, the SYN cookies approach
shouldn't affect it at all. T/TCP only kicks in when you're talking to a
host you've talked to before. SYN cookies could easily be employed only
when talking to a host not in the host cache. (Which would likely happen
automatically because you check against the host cache before normal SYN
handling for the three-way handshake)

        DS