List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: nuke
From:       "Chris A. Petro" <petroca () acasun ! eckerd ! edu>
Date:       1996-06-26 19:52:21

> The right way is to fire a completed packet out a RAW/IP_HDRINCL socket so you
> can give it an arbitrary source address, but I never actually had the time
> to get this working [as opposed to simply crashing the machine].  Anyone else
> have something similar working to offer as an example?

I mentioned earlier a program to spoof NIS responses.  Since it seemed
somewhat relevant at the time, and since it also uses raw sockets for
output (libpcap for input), I'll mention now that it can be found at
  http://www.unix.geek.net/~arny/
It's called ypghost.

Christopher Petro  |          -- Tampa Bay Media & Data Services --
813-547-2278       | * Complete hardware, software and networking solutions,
P.O. Box 2178      |   including integration of technologies (eg., video or
Pinellas Park, FL  |   telephony and computers) and custom software
   34664-2178      | * Professional audio, video and lighting systems