List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: Re: Progress Webspeed exploit for all releases
From:       suresync () gmail ! com
Date:       2007-06-29 21:51:26

Response Progress:

Thank you for the additional details. We do fully acknowledge that this
security threat with _cpyfile.r exists also when the "tty" directory is
installed.

However as explained earlier this issue was fixed in OpenEdge 10.0A and
beyond by checking the broker deployment mode (Dev/Prod) in the code.
WebSpeed from versions 9.x are still affected. We recommend our users to
upgrade or remove this file from their deployments.