List:       bugtraq
Subject:    LDU (land down under) xss vulnerability
From:       tim de gier <timdegier () home ! nl>
Date:       2004-05-29 14:15:13

About Product
=============

LDU is a php/mysql website engine.

Description
===========

A cross site scripting vulnerability exist in the BBcodes of the LDU forum.

When you add a image to your message on the forum, the script doesn't check if it is \
javascript.  I will give the following proof of concept:

[img]javascript:alert(document.cookie);[/img]

With this vuln, you are able to become any user who uses a browser that "supports" \
xss (like IE), so it is possible to become admin. Further there also lies a browser \
independed problem, cause if you post this message: \
[img]http://www.thesitewithLDU.com/auth.php?m=logout[/img]

everyone who reads the topic, will logout.

Solution
========

I e-mailed the LDU developers and the bug was fixed the same day i notified them.

Update to the newest version of LDU 700.
Update link: http://ldu.neocrome.net/page.php?id=1357

Credits
=======

crypt0 of www.cyber-war.org (timdegier@home.nl)
smart-guyz

Greets
======

Cel0x of www.cyber-war.org
Mighty of www.cyber-war.org
Hans Teeuwen (Dutch people will know who i mean :-D)