List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: Oracle9i TSN DoS Attack
From:       "Lucien Fransman" <l_fransman () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 13:38:15

Hi.

I was wondering if the issue with the TNS listener you mention is the same
that has been reported in April 22, 2001 to this mailinglist ( see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&m=98770470120424&w=2 for details)
(which is BTW the same as the vulnerability mentioned in this
(http://otn.oracle.com/deploy/security/pdf/listener_alert.pdf )Oracle
advisory AFAIK).

I dont have access to a Oracle test database ATM, so if you would be so kind
to confirm or deny this, I would be very gratefull.

BTW, as this appered in Oracle 8 and prior versions, Oracle Corp has not
done their homework very well with newer releases :)

With Kind Regards,

Enchanter_tim