List:       bugtraq
Subject:    Re: Apache suexec
From:       Pavel Kankovsky <peak () argo ! troja ! mff ! cuni ! cz>
Date:       2001-10-26 11:33:16

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:

>  Suppose we have mingid==100 and a user with gid==0 which belongs to groups
> 123,234,345. Suexec will no execute and script for this user.
>
>  Now suppose we have the same user with gid==123 which belongs to groups0
> ,234,345. Suexec will execute any cgi without problem. The running cgi will
> be a member of all those groups.

suexec does not check supplementary groups. It could do it but I do not
think it is a serious problem--the motivation behind the checks is to
avoid accidental invocation of CGI programs running under root or other
special accounts.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."