List:       bsf-user
Subject:    announcing Prolog BSF engine
From:       Ulf Dittmer <ulf () ulfdittmer ! com>
Date:       2004-05-10 19:21:45

Hello everyone-

I wanted to let it be known that I'm working on a BSF Engine for
Prolog. My basis is the Prolog-in-Java implementation JLog
(sf.net/projects/jlogic). To that I have added an embedding API which
is the foundation for the BSF integration.
I'm pretty far down the road, and may have something ready to put out
into the wild in a few weeks, but wanted to give a heads in case
someone was interested.
Prolog is not exactly a scripting language, so some BSF features don't
quite apply. E.g., declaring a bean does nothing beyond registering it,
because Prolog doesn't have named variables outside of predicates. But
it implements all BSF features, even if some are a bit awkward compared
to other languages.
Any comments or questions are welcome.

Cheers,
Ulf