List:       bsf-discussion
Subject:    [bsf-discussion] nativeEval
From:       Bao-Long Nguyen Trong <bao-long () viafone ! com>
Date:       2000-11-21 23:57:49

Hi,

I have downloaded the source and successfully compiled. I am now trying to
integrate BSF into our framework to enable one to implement our APIs using
their preferred scripting language. I started to make some test with
VBScript as this will provide access to COM components which will be very
useful for our integrators.

However, I have not found a generic way to retrieve from a script the list
of functions it contains to further on run them. Also, I tried to do it by
adding 'manually' the piece of code that will trigger the function before
evaluating / applying it but then get a BSFException:
com.ibm.bsf.BSFException: Scripting engine failure
Microsoft VBScript compilation error:	CustomIntegration.vbs 0:0
Syntax error
Function getName()
(scode=0x800a03ea	wcode=0x0)

	at
com.ibm.bsf.engines.activescript.ActiveScriptEngine.nativeEval(Native
Method)
	at
com.ibm.bsf.engines.activescript.ActiveScriptEngine.eval(ActiveScriptEngine.
java:770)
	at com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager.eval(BSFManager.java:503)
	at test.main(test.java:42)

Unfortunately, I have not been able to look further as my C++ knowledge is
limited.
It looks like the 'apply' method only support one line of code as it anyways
calls the 'eval' method. But then how come 'exec' works since all these JAVA
method use the C++ 'nativeEval' one...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bao-Long

- ----
To get off the bsf-discussion list, send a message containing the word
"unsubscribe" (in the body, not the subject) to
<bsf-discussion-Request@OSS.Software.IBM.Com>.

Send Majordomo commands to: <bsf-discussion-Request@OSS.Software.IBM.Com>
To contact a human:         <bsf-discussion-Owner@OSS.Software.IBM.Com>
To post to the list:        <bsf-discussion@OSS.Software.IBM.Com>