List:       bsf-dev
Subject:    Re: Keeping the Apache-BSF site (and downloads) really up-to-date
From:       "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatscher () wu-wien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2005-08-31 16:19:37

Hi Sanka,

>> Basically .. let's get a beta ready of the BSF 2.3 family and then
>> put it out.
>
> +1!
>
>> There's a process - need to get approval from the PMC but they
>> don't usually second guess the committers and go thru the release
>> process.
>> Someone needs to become release manager and write a release plan
>> (basically an email listing what we intend to release and when etc.
>> etc.). We vote on it and then we do the approval stuff.
>>
>> Are you able to run the process?
>
> +1! -- lets appoint Rony as the release manager for this project  :) !!

:)

Will be off for a few weeks (see other post), but maybe, if everyone
helps together we can plan to get BSF GA in October out the door, then
look at JSR-223, if it has stabiized and make BSF 3.0 as an opensource
implementation of JSR-223 available as a beta, trying to get the BSF 2
engines pluggable into it one way or the other.

Regards,

---rony