List:       bsdi-users
Subject:    Re: Disable rlogin
From:       "Thomas P. Kelliher" <kelliher () bluebird ! goucher ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-26 11:06:22

>     To enhance security on my UNIX system . I installed secure shell on my
> system and disable telnetd. But I still able login to the system through
> rlogin. How do I disable it ? Can anyone help ?

I also have switched to ssh.  To enforce its use I commented out the
service descriptions in /etc/inetd.conf whose service names are telnet,
shell, login, and exec.  After editing /etc/inetd.conf, HUP inetd.

Best regards,

Tom Kelliher

--
Thomas P. Kelliher                        | Voice: (410) 337-6189
Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science | Fax: (410) 337-6408