List:       bsdi-users
Subject:    Re: Use of Multi-processor IBM Netfinity servers with BSDI 4.1?
From:       Fletcher E  Kittredge <fkittred () sss1 ! gwi ! net>
Date:       2000-04-26 10:04:07

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 15:05:21 -0500  Paul Schowalter wrote:

> Funny you mention the IBM <-> BSDI lovefest because at the moment,
> neither is listed on each other's page as being tested/supported by the
> other. Seems like IBM is an old SCO partner and is of course caught up in
> the Linux popularity show... On the other hand, BSDI does not list IBM
> hardware in its tested list either... Could you elaborate further on your
> statement?

In the recent past, BSDI has pointed significant resources towards
resolving issues with IBM hardware, specifically the Netinfinitys.
Further, BSDI has stressed to us again and again that they consider
this an important platform.  BTW, every time so far, the hardware
issues have not been BSD/OS problems...

Everytime I have called IBM support about a hardware BSD interaction
problem, they have gone the extra mile to resolve the problem.

So far, it works for us.  We are being cheap bastards and *exploring*
shifting to VA Linux.  This may not happen...

regards,
fletcher