List:       bsdi-users
Subject:    Re: Hardware
From:       Randy Moore <ramoore () axion-it ! net>
Date:       2000-04-26 18:48:07

E >Kittredge writes:
 >>We have been using two processor IBM Netfinity servers, but for our
 >>next generation of servers are evaluating two processor 1U, VA Linux
 >>boxes. Initial pass shows issues with booting after install (scsi
 >>disk sizing issues). I will let you know how these issues turn out.
 >
 >This brings up a question I had; how much luck have people had getting
"Linux"
 >vendors to pre-install BSD of some sort?
 >I mean, even if I'm planning to go to BSD/OS, I'd rather start with a BSD
 >flavored Unix, and these days, I have a fairly pressing need for viable
 >FreeBSD boxes too. ;-)
 >
 >-s

I've had very good success with servers from ASA Computers.  They will
pre-install BSDI, FreeBSD, Linux, or NT.  You can see details and sample
configurations at:  www.asacomputers.com

<Disclaimer>
My only affiliation to ASA is as a happy customer
</Disclaimer>

Randy Moore
Axion Information Technologies, Inc.

email     ramoore@axion-it.net