List:       bsdi-users
Subject:    Installing NMAP 2.12 on 4.x
From:       "Francis X. Speiser Jr." <webmaster () ma ! cablevision ! com>
Date:       2000-01-30 21:45:16

Hello Folks,
Happy Superbowl Sunday.
Has anyone installed nmap on 4.0 or higher yet? I tried sending a detailed message
to this list on Friday, but it bounced.

I can't get to that message,so ...basically the abridged version of my horror story
reads like this:

Nmap dies on the make. I checked the nmap.c file where it seemed to be bonking out.
It says that selectres  is the problem. I was wondering if BSDI 4.0 does anything
different with sockets than 3.0 -- that the man pages, the BSDI site and this
archive doesn't say? I have installed nmap many times on a host of other OSes and I
haven't had anyhting like this happen yet. Maybe I am just rushing and don't see the
obvious, or maybe someone has had the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated. I have included my error messages and the block of
code that seems to be acting up.

make
nmap.c: In function `get_connect_results':
nmap.c:2538: warning: unused variable `res'
error.c: In function `fatal':
error.c:10: warning: implicit declaration of function `exit'

________

NMAP.C file
int get_connect_results(struct hoststruct *target, struct portinfo *scan,
                         struct scanstats *ss, struct portinfolist *pil,
                         int *portlookup, unsigned long *sequences,
                         struct connectsockinfo *csi) {
fd_set fds_rtmp, fds_wtmp, fds_xtmp;
[LINE 2538 >>>]int selectres;
int selectedfound;
int optval, optlen = sizeof(int);
struct timeval timeout;
int i, sd;
int res;
int trynum;
char buf[2048];
struct portinfo *current = NULL;

do {
  fds_rtmp = csi->fds_read;
  fds_wtmp = csi->fds_write;
  fds_xtmp = csi->fds_except;
  timeout.tv_sec = 0;
  timeout.tv_usec = 20000;
  selectedfound = 0;
  selectres = select(csi->maxsd+1, &fds_rtmp, &fds_wtmp, &fds_xtmp, &timeout);
  for(sd=0; selectedfound < selectres && sd <= csi->maxsd; sd++) {
    current = csi->socklookup[sd];
    if (!current) continue;
    trynum = -1;

Thanks,