List:       bsdi-users
Subject:    Re: Server Certificate Signing Request
From:       Merton Campbell Crockett <mcc () TO ! GD-ES ! COM>
Date:       2000-01-29 16:56:40

Andy, Theodore, and Vivek:

Thanks for your responses but still no joy.  The DISA Netscape Certificate
Server continues to complain about "bad DER encoding".  I suspect that the
problem is not, so much, the DER encoding but a field required by Netscape
that is not used or optional when submitting a CSR to a commercial third-
party Certificate Authority, i.e. VeriSign, Thawte, CyberTrust, etc.

Perhaps I need to rephrase my question to you and the BSD/OS user community
and ask if anyone has created a CSR using Apache/Stronghold, Apache/SSLeay,
Apache-SSL, or Apache/mod_SSL or any SSLeay or OpenSSL utility and have had
the CSR accepted by a Netscape Certificate Server?

Merton Campbell Crockett