List:       bro
Subject:    [Zeek] Sniffing on active/active firewalls
From:       Łukasz_Biedka <regisu85 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-03-28 13:42:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I have a cluster of two active/active nodes of firewall. Each node of this
firewall is in separate datacenter. Every node of this cluster have a Zeek
server that is sniffing traffic from it through TAP. Each Zeek server works
as a separate node - they are not clustered togheter.

Problem is that I see a lot of "gaps" and percent_loss(from 30 to 70%) in
capute_loss.log.
broctl netstats also shows drops.
Someone told me that this may be a problem with this active/active cluster
and the method how it works - both nodes of this firewall receive traffic
but only one of them sends responses back based on his load etc.
As far as I know capture_loss and broctl netstats stats are based on data
that they get from TCP sessions. So if I think correctly if Zeek server
sees only part of the TCP session then he will log loss and dropped packets=
.

Does anybody had similar problem and have some tips how to solve this?

Best regards,
=C5=81ukasz