List:       bro
Subject:    Re: [Bro] help
From:       Robin Sommer <robin () icir ! org>
Date:       2011-11-03 17:18:41

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 11:51 +0400, you wrote:

>  Why do you use freebsd instead linux?
>     I think freebsd has some more higher priority for bro by default.

Historically, many Bro sites have been running FreeBSD for one reason
or another. At some point, capture performance was much better on
FreeBSD, though today the picture is less clear (and Linux has some
features now that BSD doesn't).

Robin

--
Robin Sommer * Phone +1 (510) 722-6541 * robin@icir.org