List:       bro
Subject:    [Bro] Bro Workshop 2009 -- registration open
From:       Vern Paxson <vern () icir ! org>
Date:       2008-12-20 2:29:03

The Bro Team, LBNL, and UCB are pleased to announce the "Bro Workshop 2009",
a 2.5-day Bro training event that will take place in Berkeley, CA, on
Feb 10-12, 2009.  The workshop is described below.  (Note that this workshop
is in structure a repeat of the last one we held, rather than a follow-on,
so if you attended the last one, this may not be what you're looking for.)

If you'd like to attend, please register at www.regonline.com/BRO2009 soon
as the workshop is expected to fill up quickly.  To facilitate a productive
lab environment, the number of attendees will be limited to 30.  A nominal
registration fee of $50 will be charged.

Please contact Robin Sommer (robin@icir.org) or me if you have questions
or need further information.

		Vern

==========================
Bro Workshop Description:

The workshop is primarily targeted at site security personnel wishing to
learn more about how Bro works, how to use its scripting language and how to
generally customize the system based on a site's local policy.  The agenda
will be an informal mix of tutorial-style presentations and hands-on lab
sessions.  No prior knowledge about using Bro is assumed, though attendees
should be familiar with Unix shell usage as well as with typical networking
tools like tcpdump and Wireshark.

All participants are expected to bring a Unix-based (Linux, Mac OS X,
FreeBSD) laptop with a working Bro configuration (http://bro-ids.org).
We will provide sample trace files to work with.

We also expect to have 2-3 case-study presentations from people using Bro
in their environments.  If you have something interesting to talk about,
please contact Robin Sommer (robin@icir.org).