List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: Blogger to Bricolage 2.0 migration
From:       Matthew Rolf <mattrolf () me ! com>
Date:       2010-10-28 18:37:03

On Oct 18, 2010, at 3:02 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> > As for the bad - I am currently using JS-Quicktags to get around issues with the \
> > Xinha editor.  Some of you may not find that disappointing, others will retch.
>
> Is that this bug?
>
> http://bricolage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/29601/tickets/180
>
> Or is there something else we should know about?

No, it's that bug.

> Net::SSH2 needs some significant reworking, frankly. It's quite broken. See \
> https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=59332. The underlying libssh2 library is \
> really nice, so there's plenty of room here to get things fixed.

Yeah, I saw that. Fun.

> OTOH, if this is a personal project, why use SFTP to distribute stuff?

The public web server is remote from the Bricolage location.  So I want to make sure \
it is secure.  Only SSH will pick up calls, and you need a key.

> > Also, I have been unable to get any other browser other than Firefox to work, as \
> > I've documented on the list. I've found a few other minor bugs which will \
> > hopefully get patched before the next release.
>
> Is there a bug report for that, too?

I have not filed a bug yet. I've brought it up on this list, but I'm not sure how to \
duplicate it yet. Although it's persistent enough that I think it would be good to \
file a bug.

> Impressive that the Bricolage work took such a small percentage of the time. Well \
> done.

Obviously, I'm familiar with the product.  That helps.  But

> > Probably the most interesting thing I did template wise was with the keywords.  \
> > For any keyword added to a story, on publish I look for a keyword archive story \
> > with a corresponding title and publish that as well.
>
> Huh. When I've done this before, I used a story type + slug, as a keyword usually \
> makes an ideal slug.

You could do that, too.  Here's my code for a typical article:
<%args>
@klist	        => $story->get_keywords

Then at the bottom of each page:

% foreach (@klist){
<li><a href="http://soccer.fakesigi.com/<% $_->get_sort_name %>/"><% \
$_->get_screen_name %></a></li> %}

And then when I'm done:

<%perl>
foreach (@klist) {my $name = ($_->get_screen_name);
push (@keynames,$name);}
foreach (@keynames) {@keystory = \
Bric::Biz::Asset::Business::Story->list({element_key_name => 'web_keyword_index', \
title => $_ });

Maybe slug would be more efficient, I  don't know.

> Ideally such a thing would be generalized, because folks might want similar \
> functionality for contributors or categories. See \
> http://justatheory.com/bricolage/design/tasks_jobs_actions.html for a design.

Yes, I agree.

> I/O is usually the issue for a database. Although, frankly, for a site the size of \
> yours, I would think that the entire database could fit into memory. How big is \
> your database? And did you tune settings in postgresql.conf?

The current DB is 24MB, so yeah.  I take back what I said about the Mini being HD \
bound.  I did tune it as well.

As for having it live with Bricolage, remember that the Bric machine only has 1GB of \
RAM, and an older processor. It could be done without question but I figured I'd plan \
for the future at the start.

-Matt