List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: Seeking advice for redesign staging environment
From:       "Ryan O'Toole" <rotoole () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-20 0:29:52

I've used a development output channel before. It's straightforward and easy
to apply or not apply to a given story without disrupting people's work.
Just copy the dev template over the regular template when your ready to go
live. Then delete the dev templates and channel.

I've also used a separate development box, usually for large overhauls and
transitioning from one version of bric to another along with a redesign etc.
Great for getting a clean start.

Once tried creating a dev site on the same bric instance that people were
actively working in, and it just ended up causing confusion and headaches,
because people were not used to dealing with multiple sites and I was
inexperienced with configuring it to do that. I recommend avoiding this,
unless everyone involved is already familiar with running bric in that
manner.

--
ryan