List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: cant move anything between desks anymore
From:       "David E. Wheeler" <david () kineticode ! com>
Date:       2007-06-17 21:23:13

On Jun 13, 2007, at 10:32, Gonzalez, Horacio ((Apoquindo)) wrote:

> On each site we have to users profiles: Writers, who can only
> create and
> edit content, and Publishers, who can do as Writers plus publish the
> content. So I defined a workflow for each profile, as I want that the
> Writers only see the Edit desk and that the Publishers use both
> Edit and
> Publish desks. But Writers have READ permission to the Publish desk
> so that
> they can move assets there.

As John said, changing ALLOW_WORKFLOW_TRANSFER was the correct
solution given this configuration. Most setups, however, have writers
and publishers using the same workflow. In that case, the writers
have only READ access to the publish desk (so they can move stories
to it), while publishers have PUBLISH access to it. So your
configuration is a little different than I would have expected; I
don't think I would have guessed that ALLOW_WORKFLOW_TRANSFER was the
problem the way John did.

John++

Best,

David