List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: Permission to publish only media, or only stories?
From:       David Wheeler <david () kineticode ! com>
Date:       2006-08-11 17:37:09

On Aug 10, 2006, at 22:20, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> I'm wondering if there's a way to permit a user to publish only
> media or only stories. Looking at the permissions leads me to
> believe that there isn't.

Sure there is.

> Perhaps the way to do this is have separate desks for Media and
> Stories, e.g.,, a Media Publish desk and a Story Publish desk, each
> in their respective workflows, and give people permission to
> publish from these desks as appropriate. This would be similar to
> having an Art desk to start media and a Create desk to start Stories.

Yes, that's one way to do it. Another way is to put media in certain
categories and stories in certain categories, and grant PUBLISH to
the appropriate user groups to only those categories. Yet another
way, if it makes sense in terms of your workflow, is to grant PUBLISH
to All Stories to your story editors group, and grant it to All Media
for your media producers group.

HTH,

David