List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: Summer of Code 2006
From:       Darren Duncan <darren () DarrenDuncan ! net>
Date:       2006-04-24 21:09:00

In regards to the "Port Bricolage to MySQL." and "Port Bricolage to
SQLite." suggestions ...

At 1:49 PM -0700 4/24/06, David Wheeler wrote:
>In the meantime, I'm leaving those options, since although I'm sure
>you'll do fine work, the compatibility and performance and migration
>bars have been set pretty high for a complete re-architecting of the
>database back end.

Okay.  So I agree that we'll go both routes then.  A less
comprehensive set of changes by the students which will probably be
safe for production use sooner.  And a more comprehensive set of
changes by me which may likely take longer.

Meanwhile, I'll make myself available to answer questions that the
students post about the peculiarities of SQLite and MySQL.

-- Darren Duncan