List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: Story vrs Element, and keywords
From:       David Wheeler <david () kineticode ! com>
Date:       2005-10-27 18:33:58

On Oct 26, 2005, at 4:33 PM, Dawn Buie wrote:

> I should add that I had also thought of using keywords to create
> the effect of grouping Article Stories into a Series, since the
> keyword function is built into each story interface.

You can use categories, too. Or a combination of categories and
keywords, especially if you have a lot of stories in a category, and
you want to automate the creation of "related stories".

> How?
>
> I though I would preface a seres:
>
> "Series: The Plight of the Bumble Bee"

Bzzzzzzz! (Bumble Bee sound.)

> And then within each Article Story template I would look for the
> text pattern "Series:" and find stories that shared the same series
> title "The Plight of the Bumble Bee", then print out a list of
> links to those related stories.

Yep, that'd work. But really, this is what categories are for.

> That's kind of efficient, however the person entering the Series
> title within the Article Story would have to make the title exact,
> since we don't currently have the kind of search functionality for
> keywords as we do for linking to categories, or associating
> contributors.

Why not?

Best,

David