List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: [Bricolage-General] Multiple output channels
From:       Scott Lanning <slanning () theworld ! com>
Date:       2003-07-13 16:31:22

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Clive Jones wrote:
> 1. Created new element category 'test elements'
> 2. Created new element testdel
> 3. Added new field testdelbox1
> 4. Mark testdelbox1 for deletion
> 5. Click save and stay
> 6. Add new field testdelbox1 results in error
>
> An "testdelbox1" attribute already exists. " ."Please try another name.
>
> Is this expected behaviour?

Intentional, at least, though the error message might be confusing. From
perldoc Bric::FAQ`:

  Element Administration

  I added a field to an element and deleted it, and now I can't add a new
  field with the same name. Why not?

  Fields cannot have the same name, even if they've been deleted. This is
  because you might have older stories around that use the old name, and
  still republish them to templates that use the old name.

  The solution is to give the new version of the field a different name,
  but make the "Label" the same. So you might have a name like
  "new_paragraph" and the label "Paragraph". Just remember to change
  any references to the old field name in your templates to use the new
  field name.