List:       bricolage-general
Subject:    Re: [Bricolage-General] Newbie questions
From:       Scott Lanning <slanning () theworld ! com>
Date:       2003-07-11 17:08:38

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Bruce Albrecht wrote:
> First, my configuration is an apache 1.3 server that does not know
> anything about bricolage that does virtual hosting for
> www.zuhause.org, tbdig.zuhause.org and www.harvestusers.org. I have a
> second apache 1.3 server that is the bricolage server, and it is
> hosting bric.zuhause.org, which is the bricolage UI.  I want to use
> bricolage to manage www.harvestusers.org only.  Does this mean that I
> need to take www.harvestusers.org out of the first server's httpd, and
> add it to the bricolage apache server?

No. Bricolage won't serve the webpages. It will output files
to the Document Root of the Server(s) that does serve webpages.

> Also, I tried to edit and deploy some templates, and it said that they
> were deployed, but they never showed up in the root directory I had
> specified for www.harvestusers.org, but I created a cover and
> published it, and it showed up in the root directory.  Any ideas on
> what I need to do to debug this?  Thanks.

Bricolage will output the templates to bric.zuhause.org,
not www.harvestusers.org. It will use the templates to "burn"
your Story file(s) to a staging directory on bric.zuhause.org.
Then, it will FTP the Story files from bric.zuhause.org to
the Server you specified in ADMIN->DISTRIBUTION->Destinations.