List:       bricolage-devel
Subject:    Re: [Bricolage-Devel] SOAP refactoring, additions, fixes
From:       David Wheeler <david () kineticode ! com>
Date:       2003-09-16 18:17:41

On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 08:39  AM, Scott Lanning wrote:

>> Hrm. Do you think we should instead have them issue a warning, and
>> then remove them in 1.10?
>
> Yes.

Cool, will you make it so?

>> Well, maybe. The best way to do it is actually map { $_->get_id }
>> $element->get_sites.
>
> Hm, I think I didn't handle this properly if a top-level
> element can have two sites.

Yeah, they do. That's how the same document type can be used in
multiple sites, and documents from one site can be aliased to another.

> You said in another message that you suggested these things
> because not all modules are asset modules (i.e. Asset.pm wouldn't
> be an appropriate name), but I mean that only asset-type modules
> use Asset.pm. If we put the methods from Asset.pm (list_ids, etc.)
> into Bric::SOAP, then it implies that any Bric::SOAP module is
> an asset. But maybe someday we will have not only Workflows and Assets,
> but another kind of module. I think it isn't right to then shove
> that kind of module's methods into Bric::SOAP as well. I just mean
> that Bric::SOAP "objects" aren't only asset objects. Ack, I dunno.

No, you're absolutely right, I was confused. I had thought that you had
stuff in Asset that was used by non-asset classes. If not, then never
mind, keep it exactly as-is. :-)

>> Yeah, that'd be cool. In 2.0, all business classes will have methods
>> do this stuff, so that it'll be easy to build XML interfaces with them
>> all.
>
> Okay, I'll wait till then.

Heh, okay.

>> We really should improve the documentation of bric_soap -- or at least
>> make it point to the relevant modules.
>
> Yes.
>
>>> 8. ???
>>
>> Write a test suite!
>
> Yeah..

Hee!

>> I think User and Source, actually. Org later, maybe, as it's actually
>> added to the UI.
>
> Contributor, User, Source, Org. Get in line. :)

That's it! Source and Org probably aren't as important.

Regards,

David

http://www.kineticode.com/                     Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org