List:       bricolage-devel
Subject:    Re: [Bricolage-Devel] javascript issue & german translation
From:       Bruce Albrecht <bruce () zuhause ! org>
Date:       2003-04-29 13:40:43

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  Oh yes, would a change from patented gif format to png be able?

For what it's worth, the LZW patent which is used by GIFs will expire
on June 20, 2003, which is now less than 2 months away.  Even though I
could write a perl script to replace every GIF with a PNG and update
the references to them in an hour or less, I doubt that it's worth it,
and I doubt that Unisys is going to be coming around with a bill.