List:       bricolage-devel
Subject:    Re: [Bricolage-Devel] READ access for field 'element_data_obj'
From:       David Wheeler <david () kineticode ! com>
Date:       2003-04-11 20:21:11

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 12:47  AM, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

>  There are two ways to get mod_perl into apache in Debian: The first
> one
> is install one of either apache or apache-ssl, and libapache-mod-perl;
> which would get you the DSO.
>
>  The other thing is installing apache-perl, which also needs
> libapache-mod-perl. This one has mod_perl statically linked in, but all
> the Apache::* modules and such are already in the libapache-mod-perl
> package so they aren't doubled and therefore the later package is
> needed.  No DSO here (although its on the harddisk :).

Ah, excellent. Bricolage would require this latter option with the DSO.

>  Uhm, side information about my packaging: I guess I'll have to go with
> an own complete makefile for I guess tweaking the makefile that
> bricolage uses for its own installer would be too much work.  I think
> of
> maybe marrying the both different installers at a later time, to make
> the install being more universal (if appreciated, of course).  But I
> don't want to promise things at this stage for I don't know yet how it
> turns out in the end.

There's a ToDo item to port the installer to Module::Build, but I don't
know if that will ever come to pass. Patches for other cross-platform
approaches would be most welcome.

>  Currently I'm bothered by some harddisk constraints on my notebook so
> can't put my full attention on the packaging.

Okay, look forward to seeing it when you have the resources. :-)

Regards,

David

                                                Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org