List:       bouncycastle-crypto-dev
Subject:    Re: [dev-crypto] Cades Sign
From:       Satoru Otsubo <trnsnt () otip ! jp>
Date:       2010-02-15 4:09:29

Hi,

When adding an unsigned attribute to the group of unsigned attributes to create a new \
CAdES, you can not change the structure of the CAdES existing before such adding. \
That is, if the previous structure is in a style of "definite length", then you need \
to maintain such a structure. But when creating a new CAdES by using \
org.bouncycastle.cms.SignerInformation.replaceUnsignedAttributes and \
org.bouncycastle.cms.CMSSignedData.replaceSigner, I think it becomes in a style of \
"indefinite length." Therefore it is needed to find a way an existing CAdES structure \
is maintained.

Satoru Otsubo