List:       bouncycastle-crypto-dev
Subject:    [dev-crypto] How to represent a message in an elliptic curve point
From:       "Alexandre Machado Deusajute" <adeusajute () yahoo ! com ! br>
Date:       2009-09-12 1:44:32

Hi

I need to represent a plaintext message M as a "x" and a "y" coordinate of
an elliptic curve point P.

The reason to do this is to make encryption operation.

Moreover, I need a way to reverse the process, that is, to transform a point
P = (x,y) in the plaintext message M again.

Is there some feature in Java Boucy Castle to do this ?  I saw
encoders/decoders classes but I only found base64, hex, etc.
encoders/decoders

Regards

Alexandre