List:       bouncycastle-crypto-dev
Subject:    [dev-crypto] (No subject header)
From:       dellanna () csp ! it
Date:       2007-05-21 15:44:40

Hi all,
I tried to use timestamp packet in bouncy castle but I have some problem because
I don't found examples on this package.
In my code I have one sender and one receiver.
On Sender Side I use the following code to create a timestamp:

           mydigest= this.CreateDigest(message);
	   TimeStampRequestGenerator reqGen = new TimeStampRequestGenerator();
	   TimeStampRequest request= reqGen.generate(TSPAlgorithms.SHA1, mydigest);
           byte[] ts=new byte[req.getEncoded().length];
	   ts=req.getEncoded();

On receiver side I wrote the following code:

TimeStampRequestGenerator reqGen = new TimeStampRequestGenerator();
		//ricostruisco il timestamp

		TimeStampRequest request= reqGen.generate(TSPAlgorithms.SHA1, ts);
		try{
		request.validate(TSPAlgorithms.ALLOWED,null,null,"BC");
		}
		catch (TSPException e)
		{System.out.println("The timestamp is invalid");
		System.out.println(e);
		System.out.println("Autenthication was failed");
		return -1;
		}

When I run Application I see the following exception: "imprint digest the wrong
length".

what is my problem? can someone advise me any link with some example on
timestamp?

Thanks in advance.

Simone.

"