List:       bouncycastle-crypto-dev
Subject:    RE: [dev-crypto] Certificate problems
From:       Kevin Smith <KevinS () benetech ! org>
Date:       2002-07-30 23:40:32

> Certificate created using BC fail to be used as SSL certificates
> (using java.net.ssl) as they produce a MAC handshake error,

We are having similar problems. Our SSL tests work fine with using a keypair
generated by keytool, but fail when we generate equivalent an BC keypair.
All the rest of the code is identical, including the creation of the
certificate, and the keystore handling.

We're using bcprov-jdk14-112, Java 1.4.0_01, and JSSE.

Any thoughts on why a BC RSA keypair would not work for an SSL server would
be greatly appreciated.

Kevin