List:       botan-devel
Subject:    [botan-devel] PFX/PKCS12 parsing
From:       myles.shepherd () yahoo ! ca (Myles Shepherd)
Date:       2011-11-01 20:11:21

Hello again,

My adventures with digital signatures have brought me to pfx files. ?My goal is to \
take a pkcs12 object (ftp://ftp.rsasecurity.com/pub/pkcs/pkcs-12/pkcs-12v1.pdf), and \
get both a Botan::PKCS8_PrivateKey and a ?Botan::X509_Certificate from it.

The current plan is to use the Botan::BER_Decoder to parse out the relevant public \
key, private key, and MAC (Message Authentication Code) fields. ?Object Identifiers \
will then be used to figure out what arithmetic operations to apply. ?For example, \
the octet string associated with the private key might have an OID label \
of?'pbeWithSHAAnd3-KeyTripleDES-CBC (1.2.840.113549.1.12.1.3)'. ?The appropriate \
functions would then be applied to the fields. ?The resultant bytes (representing the \
keys), would then be loaded into the respective Botan classes.

Are there any helpful shortcuts that Botan has that I might have missed, and might \
make the above process easier?

In regards to the sample OID mentioned above, are there any examples of Botan using \
pbe with a salt value, or of it using '3-Key Triple DES'?

Regards,
Myles Shepherd