List:       boost-users
Subject:    [Boost-users] 1_32 compiling xml_grammer
From:       "Jeremy Jurksztowicz" <arketype () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2005-03-31 18:06:20

Hi,

I am having problems compiling 1_32 on a G4 darwin system with GCC 3.x.
1_31 compiles fine, but when I the xml_grammer.o is being compiled in 1_32, it seems \
to take forever... as in forever. My computer seems to be doing things but I wonder \
if a modern processor should take over 4 hours to compile 1 lousy object file. That \
is how long I have left the compiler running for, 4 hours, still churning away at \
xml_grammer.o. Is it normal for xml_grammer to take a long time to compile? Nothing \
in xml_grammer.hpp (and xml_grammer.ipp) indicates that it should take so long. \
Perhaps it is my bjam build? I am using the bjam I installed with 1_31 to compile \
1_32.

Thanks,
Jeremy Jurksztowicz