List:       boost-users
Subject:    [Boost-users] Re: Problem with including
From:       Daniel James <daniel () calamity ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-11-28 20:27:18

Jeffrey Holle wrote:
> The problem is no matter what position I place this include file in this
> *.h file, I get the following error.
> boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp:26:2: #error "include
> <boost/serialization/shared_ptr> first
>
> This is a self reference, what is it trying to say?
>
> In other words, what do I have to include before
> boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp to make it happy?

Looking at the source code, you have to include
boost/serialization/shared_ptr.hpp before boost/shared_ptr.hpp.

In case you're curious, there's been a recent thread about the
implementation of this on the boost development list with the subject
'shared_ptr and serialization'.

Hope that helps.

Daniel