List:       boost-users
Subject:    [Boost-users] Window API
From:       "Dr Jekyll" <drjekyll () empirics ! net>
Date:       2004-07-31 14:39:27

Hi,
I use a library, which itself use Boost. This library define

#define Handle boost::shared_ptr

But because I intende to use WINAPI , this definition results in a conflict

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\WinUser.h(3282): error C2751:
'boost::shared_ptr' : the name of a function parameter cannot be qualified

because Handle appears in definitions in WINAPI

RPCNSAPI
RPC_STATUS
RPC_ENTRY
I_RpcNsSendReceive(
    IN PRPC_MESSAGE Message,
    OUT RPC_BINDING_HANDLE __RPC_FAR * Handle
    );

What should I do, if I have to keep the  #define line in my library...

JK