List:       boost-testing
Subject:    Re: [Boost-testing] [EXTERNAL] Sandia-sun tester fails for all
From:       "Belcourt, Kenneth" <kbelco () sandia ! gov>
Date:       2011-12-20 23:31:17

On Dec 20, 2011, at 1:08 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

> Le 20/12/11 01:20, Belcourt, Kenneth a =E9crit :
>> Hi Vicente,
>> =

>> On Dec 19, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>> =

>>> what is going wrong on Sandia-sun tester? All the tests on Boost.Thread=
 fails with no evident reason.
>> IIRC, I believe what's happening is that the nightly process builds with=
 threading off by default, but the thread library naturally turns threading=
 on.  So everything in thread gets compiled twice, here's an example.
>> =

>> sun.compile.c++ /scratch2/kbelco/boost/results/boost/bin.v2/libs/test/bu=
ild/sun-5.10/debug/address-model-64/link-static/stdlib-sun-stlport/logged_e=
xpectations.o
>> =

>> and
>> =

>> sun.compile.c++ /scratch2/kbelco/boost/results/boost/bin.v2/libs/test/bu=
ild/sun-5.10/debug/address-model-64/link-static/stdlib-sun-stlport/threadin=
g-multi/logged_expectations.o
>> =

>> This results in the test reporting getting messed up and I think is the =
source of the problems.  Do you want me to turn threading on for nightly Bo=
ost testing on this platform?  I have no idea what that will do but I can e=
nable it if you'd like me to.
>> =

> Hi,
> =

> I see. the Jamfile has the following
> =

>    : default-build <threading>multi
> =

> So if you force it to single the build and the tests should not work. I d=
on't know why Anthony has set this like that. IMO it will be enough to forc=
e in the Thread Jamfiles.
> =

> Anthony the user must be able to set threading to single when the lib doe=
sn't works without multi? Does this means that the lib and the test must no=
t be built noeither tested in this case?
> =

> In the mean time, could you give a try to replace this line
> =

>    : default-build <threading>multi
> =

> by
>    :
> =

> in libs/thread/build/Jamfile, so that we see some more interesting result=
s?

Done, will run tonight.

-- Noel