List:       boost
Subject:    Re: [boost] Reducing dependencies
From:       Ion_GaztaƱaga_via_Boost <boost () lists ! boost ! org>
Date:       2018-04-08 16:44:23

On 08/04/2018 14:49, degski via Boost wrote:
> Isn't this "hack" actually specifically dis-allowed by the standard? (don't
> seek to discuss it, just a question)

Yes, it's disallowed. But since:

-> We have a problem.
-> There is no portable solution.
-> There is are different solutions that cover nearly all platforms.

...a library in Boost dealing with this might be a good idea. Just like
we had threads long before the standard allowed them and we have
coroutines before the standard allows it.

Best,

Ion