List:       boost
Subject:    Re: [boost] Testing issues
From:       "Niklas Angare" <li51ckf02 () sneakemail ! com>
Date:       2017-01-19 21:58:46

(cross-posting to testing and devel)
"Belcourt, Kenneth" <kbelco@sandia.gov> wrote:
>> On Jan 16, 2017, at 11:39 AM, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> On 01/16/17 21:24, Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
>>> Tests seem to have stopped cycling, and I see this error in the nightly
>>> testing output:
>>>
>>> error: Cannot create link ../../../boost_root/boost/process.hpp to
>>> ../../../boost_root/libs/process/include/boost/process.hpp.
>>> error: Link previously defined to another file,
>>> ../../../boost_root/libs/proccess/include/boost/process.hpp.
>>
>> Looks like you have two copies of Boost.Process:
>>
>> boost_root/libs/process
>> boost_root/libs/proccess
>>
>> Note the double 'c' in the latter "proccess".
>
> Looks like it was added to develop on the 12th, and then immediately fixed
> on the 13th.  Thanks for the sharp eyes.
>
> drwxr-xr-x  7 kbelco kbelco  4096 Jan 12 23:34 proccess
> drwxr-xr-x  7 kbelco kbelco  4096 Jan 13 23:11 process

This affected my runners NA-QNX650-SP1-* as well and is probably still
affecting others. To fix it, the boost_root/libs/proccess directory needs to
be removed.

To prevent this from happening again in the future, for example when a
sub-module is renamed, I would suggest the following change to
regression.py:
-self.git_command( 'clean', '-fxd')
+self.git_command( 'clean', '-ffxd')

This overrides the protection against removal of directories that are git
repositories. Active sub-modules aren't removed in either case.

Regards,

Niklas Angare