List:       boost
Subject:    Re: [boost] [git] Pushing commit(s) after pulling
From:       "Schrom, Brian T" <Brian.Schrom () pnnl ! gov>
Date:       2014-08-19 4:09:06

If you can run 'gitk --all', it's very helpful for seeing your commits and branches \
and gives a reasonable interface for some features like cherry picking or branching \
on a commit. Gitk runs on Linux/cygwin, not sure about others.

The next time you've made changes, run before you synch, after git fetch, and after \
git pull paying attention to where the markers are. Then you can decide if you want \
to rebase or merge by how history looks, it's also pretty easy to try alternates out \
on scratch branches.  This, and git gui, are what got me over the git hurdle and \
start really enjoying using git. Hope it helps.

PS apologize for the top post.