List:       boost
Subject:    Re: [boost] 1.56.0 beta release candidate 2 available for testing
From:       Vladimir Prus <ghost () cs ! msu ! su>
Date:       2014-07-15 20:46:33

On 07/15/2014 08:58 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> The second release candidate files for 1.56.0 beta are available at
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

It's a bad time to ask this question, but I've realized there were are \
number of recent Boost.Build changes on develop, as summarized below. Maybe \
the key changes are

- Support for Windows Phone with msvc.
- Speed optimization for msvc - by avoiding running setup script for every
   C file.

Do we want to merge that into master, and include in the release? \
Incidentally, it appears that 'merge pull request' button on github UI does \
indeed produce rather lame commit messages, so we might want to generally \
avoid it.

Edward Diener (8):
       Add a clang for Windows jam file for use with clang when the target \
                is msvc.
       Merge branch 'develop' of https://github.com/boostorg/build into \
                develop
       Added version of common.jam to be used for clang in VC++ target \
mode. This is just a current example of changes which work when using  \
clang in VC++ target mode in Windows, and should eventually be integrated \
into common.jam when we figure out how to support clang for both  VC++ \
                target mode and mingw/gcc target mode on Windows.
       This file is essentially clang-linux.jam with changes for clang on \
Windows in gcc/mingw target mode, which should also use  clang-linux.jam. \
The changes are simply that multithreading should use the -pthread option \
rather than the -mthreads option on Windows. I  could have directly updated \
clang-linux.jam, since the change only affects clang targeted to Windows \
but I am being conservative and showing  the change in this file for others \
to look at first.  Updated to make the setup threading more robust.
       Merge branch 'develop' of https://github.com/boostorg/build into \
develop  Changes for clang on Windows using mingw/gcc
       Remove example file since changes have been integrated and tested in \
clang-linux.jam.

Juraj Ivančić (3):
       Support more than 64 parallel jobs (-j).
       Avoid creating a thread if remaining jobs can be placed in the same \
array as thread handles.  add support for MSVC setup script rewrite

Jürgen Hunold (2):
       Merge pull request #16 from jivancic/slow_msvc_setup_scripts_2
       Merge pull request #5 from jivancic/more_than_64_jobs

Roland Schwarz (1):
       Handle explicit empty value for property-map.find-replace.

Steve Gates (8):
       Adding a new feature to help support building for the Windows \
Runtime (Windows store/phone).     1. Adds a new feature <windows-api>  for \
specifying the WINAPI_FAMILY API set to target. Defaults to desktop, which \
is how builds before my changes.     2. A few small changes  for adding ARM \
support.     3. Changes to call to correct vcvars setup script for Windows \
                Phone 8.
       Removing use of testing.execute feature until it gets added in \
separate pull request.  Updating to include support for Windows Phone 8.1.
       Addressing feedback from review:     1. Fixing up a bit how the \
phone setup script location is calculated.     2. Reusing  \
generate-setup-cmd rule in configure-really to avoid duplication and make \
cleaner.     3. Adding some more comments explaining.  Support building for \
                the Windows Runtime.
       Fixing build break with Visual Studio if phone scripts aren't \
                installed with VS 2012 or 2013.
       Fixing problem preventing building on VS2010 due to \
locate-default-setup rule being passed an undefined value.  Use \
WindowsPhoneCore.lib on Windows Phone

Vladimir Prus (2):
       Merge pull request #18 from MSOpenTech/dev12_phone81_fix
       Merge pull request #19 from MSOpenTech/fix_dev10_break