List:       boost
Subject:    Re: [boost] [1.34.0 beta] [test] docs/announcement
From:       "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental () thomson ! com>
Date:       2007-05-03 6:43:13

"Kirill Lapshin" <kir@lapshin.net> wrote in message
news:f1anvm$l59$1@sea.gmane.org...
> Hi all,
>
> I've took 1.34.0 beta for a spin, and so far can report a success --
> largeish project compiles fine, passes all tests with virtually no
> changes to the code.
>
> My only concern at the moment is boost.test library. It is not even
> listed as updated, yet public interface has changed. I am talking about
> BOOST_AUTO_UNIT_TEST to BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE rename. It would be nice to

This change occured and included in release notes for 1.33

> have some information on what have changed since last version together
> with some pointers on how to migrate code from older versions.

Guilty as charged. Indeed there were a lot of new features introduced. I did
not put these into release notes. I don;t have any real excuses, other than
I;ve been busy and any free moment I spne t on actual docs update. For most
users there shoudln't be significant migration efforts. The only users who
really affected my guess is users of the dynamic library build.

> To make matters worse it looks like all links to examples are broken in
> boost.test documentation, and some examples are just MIA (e.g.
> auto_unit_test_test.cpp, the place where I naturally tried to find what
> the new syntax is).

There new examples in example directory. They should give you all you need
to know about current basic usage of the UTF.

Gennadiy