List:       boost
Subject:    Re: [boost] [1.34.0beta] many, many warnings... :(
From:       Nicola Musatti <Nicola.Musatti () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-02 21:40:57

Sohail Somani wrote:
[...]
> It sounds like gcc/msvc are the ones people would be most happy with. By
> turnaround, do you mean them actually running? I don't see why it
> wouldn't be possible for a subset of configurations.

Considering the 1.34 regression tests, which only cover officially
supported platforms, between gcc and msvc there are 16 variants. You may
decide to cover only a subset, but you must test all the others to
ensure you didn't break anything. I wish I could afford to run so many
regression tests each night.

I still think that a revived bug traking tool, where people who care
post warning clearing patches, is more viable.

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti