List:       boost
Subject:    [boost] [date_time] parsing
From:       vaclav.vesely () volny ! cz
Date:       2006-03-31 12:36:42

Parsing date and time with custom patterns is possible via input facets, but it's a \
bit cumbersome. I suppose, that developers usually writes their own functions like \
this:

	ptime pt = parse_date_time(str, format);

I think, that these functions should be incorporeted in the library. Maybe there are \
better syntaxes. For example:

	ptime pt = ptime::parse(str, format);

	ptime pt = lexical_cast<ptime>(str, format);

The same probably applies to formating output. But in that case the user can take \
individual elements of the value and format them  with boost::format for example.

I can help with implementing these functions once the proper syntax would be \
arranged.

What do you think?

Regards,
Vaclav