List:       boost
Subject:    [boost] Re: lexical cast and locale
From:       Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-07-31 9:55:36

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:43:49 +0000 (UTC), Martin
<adrianm@touchdown.se> wrote:

>This might be a stupid question but I couldn't find anything in the
>documentation about it.
>
>How do I control the locale used in lexical cast?
>
>More specificly I want to control the decimal separator.

You can't control formatting. That's basically the main fact about
lexical_cast; it's a simple facility for simple tasks. You might find
the following discussion interesting:

http://google.com/groups?threadm=d6651fb6.0301060705.3d085661%40posting.google.com
[TinyURL version: http://tinyurl.com/3qluw ]

(look at the subthread that starts from James Kanze's post dated
6-gen-2003)

--
Genny.