List:       boost
Subject:    [boost] Re: iostreams library review
From:       "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews () kangaroologic ! com>
Date:       2004-05-29 22:41:03

<slavek.f.kuzniar@jpmorgan.com> wrote in message
news:OFF5E3130C.48F086BB-ON85256EA2.004FA2A3@ny.jpmorgan.com...

> On Boost mailing archives I found a review  request for Iostreams
Library
> by Jonathan Turkanis. I did not see any follow-up and the library is
not
> part of latest release so I suspect the review did not happen.
Anyone knows
> what is the fate of this library?

Thanks for your interest!

The previous version available at
http://www.xmission.com/~turkanis/iostreams/.

I've since made some major simplifications and improvements, and am
scrambing to update the docs. It now contains support for
memory-mapped files (from Craig Henderson) and for compression and
decompression in the zlib, gzip and bzip2 formats.

Jonathan