List:       bochs-dev
Subject:    Re: [Bochs-developers] Recording the computer state
From:       "EKS" <eks () void-core ! 2y ! net>
Date:       2001-07-25 17:27:51

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:29:32 +0200, Stephan on Dorea said:

> Dear All,
>
> I am busy with a masters degree in decompilers.
>
> Do there exist facilities currently in bochs that records the state of the \
> registers and the execution of instructions in bochs.
> I am busy with such a development and I just want to know if it was not already \
> done.
> I would appreciate it very very much.
>
> Thank you.
> Stephan van Eeden

hello,

as far as I am aware, such feature isn't implemented.  I have been able to get
an instruction trace by using BFE and looking at the __bfe__ log file, but
register values were not shown.

I do tend to agree that register values, and probably eflags, would be a good
thing to be able to trace automatically.

Please if you develop anything useful, keep us up-to-date :)
--
Bandai Kaosu Jikuu
EKS - Dave Poirier